Every year the kiddos and I go with my family for a week long beach vacation in Virginia, but this year we decided to keep things small and affordable and travel somewhere we've always wanted to explore and wasn't too too far away. (less than an eight hours) We seriously had the most amazing time ever and came home feeling so refreshed. I would recommend this trip to anyone. It was amazing for kids.
Originally I found this amazing modern farmhouse in the middle of a cherry orchard on airbnb but at the last minute was like ... umm, let's do a basic lake front hotel with a pool. yes! The Bayshore Resort
Things we saw/did:
- we climbed the sleeping bear dunes.
- we went down a mountain slide. well, daddy, wolfgang and eleanor did.
- we saw some alpacas and bought baby girl the sweetest dress.
- we explored Gwen Frostic's printmaking gallery and I bought the most beautiful cards.
- we had ice-cream at gallagher's farm market.
- we took a tour of the grand traverse lighthouse.
Where we stayed: Okay, so at first we found this really amazing modern farmhouse in the middle of cherry orchard on airbnb, but at the last minute I was like ... umm, let's do a basic lake front hotel with a pool. yes.